Five opportunities to give blood in January
Wednesday, January 08, 2014 1:21 AM
HARDIN COUNTY - The Hardin County American Red Cross will hold five blood drives in the month of January 2014.The locations and dates are as follows:
- Ada Community Health Professionals Conference Room, 1200 S. Main St., Ada, Jan. 13, 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- St. John's United Church of Christ Fellowship Hall, 211 E. Carrol St., Kenton, Jan. 13, 2 to 7 p.m.
- Mary Lou Johnson-Hardin County Library Meeting Room, 325 E. Columbus St., Kenton, Jan. 14, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Ohio Northern University McIntosh Center Activities Room, 525 S. Main St., Ada, Jan. 20, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Kenton Community Drive (new location) First Baptist Church Gym, 11543 County Road 175, Kenton, Jan. 27, 12 to 6 p.m.
The current winter storm is already affecting millions of people and could result in the cancellation of Red Cross blood drives in those areas impacted by the weather. Despite the storm, hospital patients across the country will still need blood. If you are in a region unaffected by the storm, please consider making an appointment to donate blood or platelets. Appointments can be online at redcrossblood.org or by calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767.)
To give blood, someone must be at least 17 years of age, meet weight and height requirements and be in general good health. Donors should bring their Red Cross blood donor card or other form of positive ID with them. With each donation, up to three patients' lives can be saved or improved. Call the local office for more information at 419-674-2295.