Ada grad on OSU-Lima court
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:14 AM
LIMA - The Ohio State University at Lima prepares to celebrate the University-wide Homecoming Week, which runs Oct. 14-19. Daily events are scheduled on the Lima campus, as well as on the Columbus campus, where the crowning of the Lima Homecoming king and queen will take place during the Regional Campus Crowning Ceremony on Friday, Oct. 18.The Lima Homecoming Court was selected from a pool of applicants based on their leadership qualities, spirit, integrity, scholastic performance and achievement through their contributions and involvement at Ohio State. A selection committee interviewed each applicant and chose three male and three female students to comprise the Lima Homecoming Court. The application and interview scores are combined with the student body vote to determine Lima's king and queen. The six candidates are listed below.
· Christian Downey, Bluffton, is a senior English major.
· Brad Ellis, Kenton, is a junior majoring in social work.
· Ben Garmon, Ada, is a junior psychology major.
· Jordan Henry, Belle Center, is a senior majoring in consumer and family financial services
· Kaitlyn Philpot, Germantown, is a sophmore biology major.
· Kayla Schneider, Wapakoneta, is a junior majoring in education.
Each of Ohio State's five regional campuses will crown their king and queen during the Regional Campus Crowning Ceremony. Each member of the regional and Columbus courts will then ride in the annual Homecoming Parade down High Street on Friday night. This is the third year that regional campuses will have Homecoming Court royalty included in the University-wide homecoming celebration.